By: Synod Communications Team
This week Mark Lawrence, General Secretary of the UCA Synod of Victoria and Tasmania, announced the members for the UnitingCare Network Project Control Group (PCG).
This PCG is being established to refine and implement the recent strategic decision of the Synod Standing Committee in relation to the UnitingCare agency network.
Bob Hodges has accepted the position of Chairperson of the PCG. Bob currently serves on the UnitingCare Connections Board and is involved in other areas of the Church. He has over thirty years multinational corporate experience in areas including senior management, business strategy, marketing and operations, as well as serving on numerous corporate, financial and small business boards, and TAFE and university councils.
Another eight members have also accepted positions on the PCG:
- Dick Carter, Synod Standing Committee member
- Rev Greg Crowe, Commission for Mission Chairperson
- Cheryl Lawrie, Commission for Mission Associate Executive Director
- Ken Tabart, Major Strategic Review team member
- Dr Jason Talbot, Major Strategic Review Project Director
- Dr Joanna Wriedt, UnitingCare ReGen board member
- Randall Kent, UnitingCare Prahran Mission board member
- Phillip Morris, UnitingCare Tasmania board member
The Synod will continue to recruit for the remaining positions on the PCG and in doing so we are mindful of the need for members to represent a diversity of agencies.
Even though the entire membership of the Group has not been finalised as yet, the Chairperson, Bob Hodges, has been asked to convene a meeting and for the PCG to commence its important work.
You can read further information on the new strategic plans for the network on the Synod website. The page will be kept up to date with the latest information as the project continues.